Terms & Conditions
General Site Terms & Conditions
- Access to and use of this site is provided by Solihull BID subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect when you first use this site. Solihull BID reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Whilst Solihull BID endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, Solihull BID will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
- Whilst Solihull BID endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and Solihull BID does not accept any liability for error or omission.
- Part of this site contains materials submitted to Solihull BID by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on this site complies with national and relevant foreign law. Solihull BID can not guarantee the accuracy of this material and hereby expressly disclaims any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material, misinterpretation and any all loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on the material contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency in the information should be sought from the establishments concerned.
- Solihull BID shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- Solihull BID accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. Such links are provided for your convenience on an "as is" basis with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Competitions included all those promoted online, in print or during promotions and events.
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Solihull BID, its suppliers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 16 or over at the time of entry.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script; macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including travel.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Solihull BID relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will also be made in writing to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- The Promoter is Solihull BID, 148-152 High Street, 1st Floor, Solihull, B91 3SX.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
- A list of winners will be available by writing into Solihull BID at the above address no earlier than six weeks (unless otherwise stated) after the close of the competition. Only the surname and county of the winners will be disclosed.
Social Media Terms & Conditions
Please read the following carefully, as it provides information about sharing and contributing content and also how we’ll respond to anything that’s abusive, unsuitable or derogatory. We have created some terms and conditions around participating within our online communities to make sure we provide a quality, respectful environment for our followers and fans.
Important points to be aware of:
The terms, conditions and policies that belong to specific social networks, also apply to any official Solihull BID profiles that they house. It is important that you follow these terms and conditions, as well as ours. While Solihull BID has official profiles on a number of social networks, this does not mean that we are endorsing their products or services.
From time to time we may share items or talk about products or services we think are interesting. This does not mean we are agreeing or supporting a point of view or endorsing a product or service. And we cannot guarantee the accuracy of content not posted by us.
If you can’t access the social network at all, it is up to the individual social network to fix this and it isn’t something that we can resolve.
If you are not able to use or access official Solihull BID social media profiles, or websites linked to through them, while we will do our best to fix any problems, we are not legally responsible for any problems this causes.
We really want to create open, respectful communication within our social media profiles. While we work hard to moderate anything that is offensive, unsuitable or derogatory, we are not legally responsible for content posted by third parties.
We love the fact that our online communities proactively share information, however, we can’t guarantee the accuracy of content that isn’t posted by us.
We want to cultivate public dialogue with our fans and followers and encourage you to share your content with us, however, if individuals break these rules, we will, if appropriate, suspend, terminate or change the conditions of their access.
We strive to create dialogue with users of our Community and encourage you to share content via the Community in accordance with these Rules (Contribution). To help us do that, we monitor the Community during normal UK business hours (8am-4pm GMT, Monday to Friday, excluding UK public holidays and Solihull BID events & festivals).