Children are invited to become waste warriors this weekend in Solihull town centre with an 18-metre whale making its way into the town centre for a special sustainability event.
A Whale’s Tale, organised by Solihull BID, takes place on Saturday and Sunday in Mell Square in the heart of Solihull town centre and will be the temporary home to Moby, an 18-metre-long inflatable whale!
Guaranteed to enchant as well as having a story to tell, children can step inside Moby’s belly and watch the free interactive turtle show, telling tales of our plastic ocean problem.
There are a very limited number of spaces available to book on the day for shows on both Saturday and Sunday. Please visit the Solihull BID gazebo in Mell Square to enquire.
– Free face painting – 3 dedicated face painters are available to add sea creature shapes to faces – open 11.30am – 3.30pm
– Free Eco Glitter Horsebox – add some sea creature sparkle at the fun horsebox booth and take a pic in the booth with props
– Meet Ariel and Purgo, Moby the Whale’s protective mermaids, 12noon – 4pm
– Bubbleologist, 11.00am – 3.00pm
– Book to enter into Moby’s belly to watch the free turtle show. Very limited availability for on the day bookings
– Follow the free trail to collect stickers and fun facts on marine life, who will be your favourite?
– Enter the free competition to win a £300 voucher to spend at The Entertainer.
– Visit the mermaid themed beach in Theatre Square, Touchwood
– Static vintage bus in Mell Square courtesy of Transport Museum Wythall
– Free storytime sessions in Mell Square provided by The Core Library
– Browse the Solihull Artisan Market open 10.00am – 4.00pm
Melanie Palmer, Chief Executive of Solihull BID, said: “This long-awaited arrival of the giant whale theatre brings focus to our plastic pollution problem, whilst providing a thought provoking and fun day out for all.
“We’re looking forward to a weekend of free family entertainment whatever the weather here in Solihull town centre!”
Sign up for updates about events, news and special offers.